- 42746 Requisition #
Sr. Test Engineer
Are you ready to test it, break it and then rebuild it even better? Do you have an eye for detail and a perseverance to find the bug in the system?
Parsons Cyber Operations is seeking Test Engineers with experience in developer/capability level testing, functional level testing, and software/system integration testing to join our team of exceptional individuals. Qualified candidates will be required to collaborate with developers and stakeholders to create test scenarios that model desired system behavior. Successful candidates must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking, and capable of operating in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in engineering, scientific, technical discipline, or comparable work experience
• Must have (8+ years) experience in a software testing role
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Test software applications, technology systems and field equipment.
• Configure physical and virtual test environments including switches (VLANs), routers, SOHO equipment and Virtual Machines.
• Work in a Linux command line environment
• Troubleshoot and debug software applications and test lab equipment.
• Work within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Conducting end-to-end testing of large or complex information systems
• Work with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Xen, OpenStack, VirtualBox)
• Analyzing performance, availability, stability, and efficiency of end products
• Validate and verify application functionality against customer specified requirements
• Work with Windows and Linux Operating systems
• Document product requirements, test plans, test procedures and test results
• Execute formal developmental testing and operational testing events.
• Communicate effectively with technical team members, managers, and customers
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials. Top Secret Clearance is required for the position.
***All candidates must be US Citizens to be considered for the position***
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit www.parsons.com.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.